Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday Things


I'm currently experimenting with a new recipe for supper tonight. However, during suppertime I'll be at work answering telephones on live television. Therefore, the deliciousness that would have been is currently in my oven, back at my apartment, whilst I am at the office, on a break, watching the rain. And working of course! ;)

NOTE: The oven is not on. Silly me :) I covered the dish with foil and ran home over my lunch break to let it bake for 30 minutes, then turned the oven off. Here's to hoping the heat remains and supper is complete later tonight when I return home!

Until I can post a recipe, let's play a game. A game called Thursday Things. Original right? ;) Five things that are going on in Lisa's head this lovely Thursday.

Ahem.

one. One of my closest, oldest, dearest friends is getting married this weekend. We've been friends since 5th grade, and I am seriously excited. Not only will this weekend involve a road trip to a new city, it will be a mini-reunion of some of our high school friends, many of whom I haven't seen since. It will also mean The Fiance' in a suit and yours truly in cute shoes. :) This trip will also involve cake. Need I elaborate?

Please help me find this shirt. It will complete me.

two. My wedding dress came in yesterday. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) The dress shop called and said I was free to come in, try it on, and admire it anytime I'd like before scheduling my first fitting. Oh my. These people know what they are doing.

three. My departure dress also came in yesterday. It was waiting for me on my doorstep when I arrived home last night. Two of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen INMYENTIRELIFE arrived in one day. I squealed. Then I had a nightmare that they weren't going to fit. Then I cried. But then took deep breaths and thought happy thoughts :) We also scheduled our engagement photo session and details are in the works for our cake topper. AAAAHHHH!!!!! #wedding

four. Yesterday a co-worker left this in my chair while I was away for a meeting. It's amazing - and a nice reminder of - how seemingly small gestures can be so encouraging.



five. About a month ago, one of my teachers from junior high had a retirement party and invited all of her former students. While everyone was home, our high school group met at our old hangout for lunch. Not everyone was able to make it, but it sure was wonderful being in the company of old friends - you know, the ones that make you feel as though you belong...the ones who knew you when you were awkward and chubby with bad skin and gaps between your teeth and STILL hung out with you :)

Here we are...all of us with our babies, wedding rings, engagement rings, fiances, college degrees, big kid jobs. Things change all the time - but it felt like we never left :)


My heart is still warm from that weekend - what a way to recharge your batteries. We all drove away that day with grateful hearts - for friendship, for laughter, for growth, and for memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment