Friday, June 21, 2013

Double Digits

We're in the double digits, people.

DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!!

T-minus 99 days until our wedding!!!!!!!!!!!

What in the world? Where is this time going? I can't let myself think about it too very much or else I'm going to get EXTREMELY emotional here!

I'm still convincing my dad that our first dance HAS to be a fast one. The mere thought of a slow, sentimental, very sweet song makes my eyes well up with the crazy tears. I can't take it!

All the daddy's girls say yeaaahhhh!!!!

Someone told me recently that weddings are so emotional because, in a way, you really are saying "goodbye" to your family to join another one.

I say NO!

No goodbyes!

None, I tell you!

My family will simply add to ours a very tall son-in-law.

And his family will simply add to theirs a very short ball of energy.

...with some mad cooking skills.

Just kidding on that last part.

Maybe.

;)

99 days sounds like such a short time! I looked at my phone at 12:01am and literally screamed.

So much to do! But I'm not sure what!

Those who know me best know that I have no idea what I'm doing. I plan events for work all the time, so I thought I MIGHT be good at this - nope!

Colors, flowers, tablecloths, dresses, decorations -- not my thing.

However --- cake, food, and music -- THAT, my friends, is my thing.

Choosing the cake was the easiest part. That decision took all of ten minutes. And that includes us tasting the cake.

I've been dreaming of that bad boy for years. YEARS I tell you.

Not even kidding.

I've never had a picture of my wedding in my head - so I was TOTALLY unprepared when The Fiance' slipped this shiny object on my finger. Unprepared, yet so elated. =)

I think it's safe to say this process has included an abundance of research.

Over-abundance, really. Probably more than necessary.

Yet I still feel clueless.

But it's okay! You know why?

Because despite the moments of panic when I had doubts about my dress...and when I had doubts about our wedding colors....and the bridesmaid dresses...and editing discussing the set list for the band...

...despite the fear that someone will think our ideas are cheesy...despite the fear that I'll trip walking down the aisle...despite the fear that it will rain that day...despite the fear that I will cry and/or look fat in the pictures....

...at the end of the day, The Fiance' will be The Husband.

And that, folks, is what's important.

Here's to laughs, vows, memories, and cake. Lots of cake.

Let's just all pray that it doesn't rain :)

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment