Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Delightfully Fishy


Confession? Busy weekends = little time for grocery shopping.

I'm running low on groceries, man.

Thankfully I will be on the other side of town tonight for church, conveniently located down the street from the Wal-Marts. It's gonna be a good night ;)

Last night's supper was the result of yours truly literally digging deep within the depths of the freezer to find something that wasn't a bag of frozen peas.

I don't even like peas.

I'm not sure how that bag got there.

Although I vaguely remember finding a recipe that sounded incredible despite the fact that it called for peas.

I have yet to find that recipe again.

Le sigh.

Anyway!

I usually have frozen fish on hand. Next to salad, it's my go-to "quick meal." It thaws quickly, it cooks quickly, it's healthy, and it's delicious. Nuff said.

After the gym yesterday, I threw this meal together relatively fast and it was not only delicious, but surprisingly filling! Very healthy too :)



Tilapia baked with seasoned veggies wrapped in foil. Seriously delightful.

And WOW that is a rough picture. Clearly I felt the need to be up close and personal with my supper.

Then again it did smell delicious.

This is a ridiculously easy dish and you can incorporate basically any ingredient that you'd like. I had a bag of frozen veggies on hand (the good kind - with broccoli, snap beans, cauliflower, bell peppers, and corn), so I threw that in and WHA-BAM! Meal time.

Also, be sure to use your favorite seasonings - I didn't measure a thing  but all of the seasonings and flavors just blended together as they soaked up one another. I'm thinking you should make this for yourself ASAP.

I paired it with additional steamed veggies and some lima beans that were leftover from breakfast.

Yep. Lima beans for breakfast. I'm telling ya...low on groceries, man. It's a good thing I crave green stuff.

;)

Here's another photo that's a weeee bit more colorful. Hopefully this will entice you a little more than the latter :D


MMMMMMM VEGGIES!


Baked Tilapia with Veggies
(Serves 1)


1 tilapia filet
1 cup mixed veggies (broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, snap peas, corn, etc)
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice (or half of a lemon squeeze)
dash of salt
dash of pepper
dash of Tony's
dash of lemon pepper
Italian seasoning, to taste
aluminum foil

Season tilapia to taste and place on foil. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, then add the vegetables and season to taste. Wrap the entire combination and close the foil tightly at the top. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until fish is done (I left mine in the oven for about 20 minutes, then turned the oven off and let the fish remain for about 10 more minutes; it cooked perfectly).

Serve with a nice portion of steamed veggies and/or brown rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment