Monday, August 4, 2014

CAKE-spiration

Happy Monday, folks! And, really...happy AUGUST -- Let me just add to the endless amount of people that are saying WHAT IN THE WORLD. August? Seriously? That's like...basically the end of summer! Not to mention we're now only about 4 months out until all of the holidays kick in.


WHAT WHAT


Meanwhile, I'm busy prepping and practicing for my final {beginner-level} cake class tomorrow night - I made and crumb-coated a practice cake last night (MUCH to my husband's delight) and will decorate it tonight in hopes of having a well-practiced fun design ready to pump out tomorrow evening.

I'm crazy excited about it but also really nervous - typically the only cakes I decorate stay within the walls of our little apartment, so I'm a little nervous to be working alongside a group of other people who have their own designs in mind. I've been Googling and doodling simple designs like crazy because WINNING. I want to be the best, plain and simple. I need it, want it, gotta have it DON'T STOP GET IT GET IT.

I'm not competitive at all. AT. ALL.

And although the only real thing I'm moderately good at when it comes to icing is making roses, I'm actually not 100% sold on using them in my design tomorrow. Weird? Maybe. I honestly don't care for roses in general - but I can tolerate them in a pretty yellow color, so we'll see where this goes!

So before I have to jet - here are some cake pictures that have been sparking my creativity lately. Some I like the design, others I like the colors, others I included just because they look simple enough for even ME to make them look halfway decent!

I'll report back later this week with the final product - my hands are shaking already!







Sidenote: These next few photos are rather....downright TERRIBLE. Basically, it was me simply taking a picture of a picture on a computer screen so I could save it for later. #talent






Question:

Which ones are your favorite? Should I attempt any of these at all, or even a combination? I have some ideas.... ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love the very first one - but mainly because I am not a big fan of fondant.

    ReplyDelete