Friday, July 11, 2014

A Weekend Challenge

That's right -- two posts in ONE WEEK.

Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaattttt.

I'm jumpin' back in the bloggin' biz!

Can I say that? Too weird? Not for me.

What can I say? It's FRIDAY, folks! And Fridays are fun. Always. You know why? Oh, I'll tell you.

Jeans. It's Jean Day at work.





At a place where one must "dress professionally" at all times, I welcome the chance to wear flats and jeans. It makes getting ready in the morning so much faster and enjoyable.

Truth?

My dream job would allow me to wear gym clothes (running shorts and yoga pants? Hey-oh!) or scrubs on a daily basis without having to do gross things like give people shots all day. I'm a wimp.

I've literally googled "medical jobs that don't involve blood" at one point in the not-so-long-ago past. Results didn't WOW me as planned, so therefore I must stick with what I know and KNOW that I do not need to deal with blood or insides every day.

For those of you that do, however, I salute you. And I'm not even kidding.

...

Thoughts for today:

I recently attended a meeting where the topic was "civility" in the workplace, and the subject quickly transitioned to civility in life in general. There were some really interesting points made - things like, when did become so acceptable to interact with people (friends and family, mainly) almost exclusively online rather than in person? Do people even call one another anymore, or is text and social media the norm?

What about meeting up in person and having an actual conversation? Are manners even a thing anymore?

Someone mentioned that the constant online activity is really affecting our ability to communicate, and we're slowly forgetting what it means to be civil or social. If you're unsure what I mean, take a look at any one article or story online. It could be a lighthearted, positive story, yet the comments section will be filled with negativity. It's hard for me to believe that this kind of activity won't flow into our everyday life.

We found the phrase "Each one influence one," which struck a chord with me. Every day, our actions affect not only ourselves, but those that we encounter throughout the day. An angry status update, a snarky comment to someone you love (guilty!), an annoyed tone while talking to the cashier - even small, seemingly insignificant things can have a large (negative) impact.

So today, I'm challenging YOU, invisible Internet friends!

Let's make an effort each day to do something positive - whether to someone or for someone. Maybe instead of giving in to the normal early morning grouchy mood (again, guilty!), maybe stand up and stretch and tell someone "good morning" with a smile. Let someone behind you at the grocery store with fewer items go ahead of you. Maybe NOT scream in frustration when a car cuts in front of you without a blinker (<-working on it). Be that person that people like to talk to - WANT to talk to - rather than someone others dread even asking a question.

Whatever the case may be, let's strive to be a better version of ourselves - I have a feeling life may be a tad bit easier to handle that way.

Happy Weekend, folks!


Question:

What is something positive that you can do this weekend?




No comments:

Post a Comment