Tuesday, July 29, 2014

On Semi-Spontaneity

Happy Tuesday, folks!

Hope everyone's week is off to a fabulous start!

When was the last time you felt truly re-charged? For me, this weekend did just that. My recently-married sister (!!!!!) and her husband graciously hosted our family at their house in Alabama on Saturday, and just being able to reconnect with everyone (not to mention her awesome cooking) did a WORLD of good.

If you know me, you likely know that living here in The City and away from so many people and places really gets to me sometimes - so road trips are a MUST every now and then.

The drive was NOT bad at all - only a little over three hours (with THREE traffic jams -- THREE!) - so Hubs and I figured that, while we were away, we'd make a semi-spontaneous (because we only talked about it about 2 days before) mini-vacation out of it! WHOOP!

So - we drove a little over an hour further after lunch so that we could soak THIS in:




...along with a little of this:


and, obviously -- this (typical sunset photo - #sorryImnotsorry) !!!!


Just what the doctor ordered - right???? Pensacola, how I love thee.

Not to mention all the awesome beach food we had! We kicked off the vacation at Peg Leg Pete's  - where I ordered some delicious stuffed shrimp with steamed veggies and Hubs ordered some AMAZING oysters:




Saturday began with an incredible-as-always breakfast at my beloved Panera Bread - Oh City WHEN will you get one????? ;) I ordered the egg white + spinach sandwich (AMAZING) and Hubs had the strawberry oatmeal.






...And after a full day of BEACHIN' we made one last stop at Lulu's because OMGQUESO BURGERS:




'Nuff said, right?


And she's off! I'll be back soon with another cheesy-fun post!



Today's question:

What do you like to do to recharge and refresh?

No comments:

Post a Comment