Thursday, May 14, 2015

Ms. Helen's Corn Dip

Before The Mister and I got married, a few of my co-workers at my previous job joined together and gave us a wedding shower. Afterward, my friend/co-worker Christy gave me a cookbook that she made herself (!!!) that contained recipes and marriage advice from many of our co-workers.

One of my favorite (and the most-used) recipes from that cookbook came from Ms. Helen, a lady that I grew very close to during my three years at that job.


I've taken this to church dinners, parties, and other places and it's always a hit - and it comes together in a flash, too!

The original recipe calls for cans of corn, jalapeƱos, and red peppers, but GO TEAM KROGER because they have little cans of corn with the peppers already mixed in!


This really doesn't need any seasoning, but if you want an extra kick, try adding some lime and cayenne pepper. I think you'll be pleased!


Ms. Helen's Famous Corn Dip


What you'll need:
2 cans of Mexican/Baja corn with jalapeƱos and red peppers (or 4 small cans)
8 oz. sour cream
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
10 oz. grated cheddar cheese
Fritos, for serving

What you'll do:
Drain corn and pour into a large bowl. Add in remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Chill until serving time, then serve alongside Fritos.

Delish.





No comments:

Post a Comment