Unlike all of my other meaningful, inspiring posts :)
But the truth is, it's Monday afternoon and I'm waiting for a few things to be finalized before I can leave work. So here we go!
Awhile back, I read a post on Julie's blog where she mused about all the things she loves way more than she should. While it was a funny post, it stuck with me, and since then I've noticed a lot of things that I really, really like and love WAY more than I should. For example.
I currently have 12 Post-Its hanging all around my cube. Not counting the 3 full stacks that have yet to be used.
It's how I function. I'm a list-maker by nature, so to have various Post-Its to compartmentalize various projects (color-coordinated, OF COURSE) helps me to work more efficiently.
The more Post-Its, the more productive and on-task I am. BONUS POINTS if they are AMAZING COLORS like TEAL and PURPLE.
Sadly (kind of), Post-Its are not the ONLY thing for which I have an unusual adoration. Here's a list, because as we've just learned, that's just how I roll :)
- Warm homemade bread (includes my grandmother's yeast rolls and my mom's biscuits :) )
- School/Office supplies (the smell...aaahh the smell of new supplies!)
- Making lists
- New pens after old ones are out of ink
- Cracker Barrel coffee
- Cracker Barrel anything
- Homemade spaghetti sauce
- Glitter (<- be still my HEART)
- Writing vs. typing
- Pictures of pretty cakes (????)
- Going out of town
- Splashing salt water IN MY OWN FACE at the beach (weird right??? I've convinced myself it makes my skin softer)
- Drinking basically anything out of champagne or wine glass (water? orange juice? apple juice? FILL ME UP)
- Being barefoot
- Brunch (oh, brunch. How I love thee)
- The smell of sheets, fresh out of the dryer (I've been known to sniff my pillow for several minutes)
And that's just a taste of my weirdness.
What about you? What are some of the things you love more than you think you should?