Monday, March 23, 2015

Hootie & the Mondays

This morning I woke up with Hootie's "Let Her Cry" in my head.

I have no idea why, because I really haven't heard this song in way too long. But for some reason, I've been HOOKED on this song all day.

Oh Hootie. You and your ridiculously soothing voice.

So what did I do?

Went straight to work at finding the Hootie & the Blowfish station on Pandora.

MY OH MY the NOSTALGIA.

Just a few of the songs that I've heard over the course of today:

Slide - Goo Goo Dolls
Free Fallin' - Tom Petty
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
One Week - Barenaked Ladies (I just felt really awkward typing that. My apologies)
Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Breakfast at Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something


I'm thinking it's pretty much the best rainy Monday playlist yet.


---

So LAST WEEK.

Last week was a little rough. But that's okay because on Friday, THIS GIRL came to town!!!!


My friend Stephanie from college was passing through The City with her honey, Russ, and made a pit stop to have a double date with Hubs and myself.


We had a ball. Hubs and Russ go WAY back and have been friends since high school, so it's really funny that he and Stephanie, whom I've been close to since college, have found one another.

We're all from around the same area (Stephanie is from a small town about 15 minutes from my hometown), so it was SO NICE to have a little bit of "home" with us to kick the weekend off right.

We even revisited our crazy college roots and stayed out until the grand old hour of 9 p.m. because we are PARTY. ANIMALS.


Saturday morning, we intended to run our City's St. Paddy's Day 5K. However, when we woke up and it was raining, we opted out considering Hubs and I had both been sick the entire week.

So we did the only sensible thing to do in times like these and hit the road for SHIPLEY'S.


Only the greatest donuts around. NBD.

We also stopped for fancy coffee and all that jazz from our favorite shop and took a rainy drive through the woods.



We basically did a lot of nothing this weekend, but were oddly okay with that because sometimes, especially after being sick for a week, you just need to curl up and rest while eating donuts and listening to the rain.

On a totally unrelated note, I think I'm finally close to mastering the art of Charlene's biscuits*.



Happy Monday, folks :) Spring has finally arrived!












*My mom's biscuits are of legendary status. I just thought you should know this.

No comments:

Post a Comment