Friday, March 27, 2015

A Friday Survey

Okay Party People! It's FRIDAY afternoon and I have {finally} HAD MY COFFEE so we're about to have some fun! My sweeeeeeet friend Natalie posted a survey on her blog today and I pretty much loved it. So I copied it. And now we have a SA-WEET blog post thingy.

So without further ado -- here's your friendly neighborhood random Friday afternoon blog post!


What is the last thing you watched on TV?

I really don't remember. But it was probably King of Queens or something last night, because it's basically how we usually end our days. I know the TV was definitely ON last night, and that I was in front of it --- but so many things were bouncing around in my mind I really didn't realize what was on in front of me. Oops. 


When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Earlier when I was coming back from lunch! It was the first time in weeks that I've actually left for lunch (THANK YOU LORD FOR THE SUNSHINE), and it was GLORIOUS Spring weather outside.

I was just coming back from grabbing some lunch and delivering a cup of coffee to my friend Christy, who's been having a rough week. I know how she feels (ha), but it's wonderful how just a few minutes catching up with friend can brighten a day. I think it did both of us a world of good.

Not to mention, you know, CAFFEINE.

What is on the walls of the room you are in?

Um...carpet?

And a random giant cord. I'm not sure what it is connecting.

I'm in a cube.

If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?

I'd go to my people and pay off their bills for that month. Then I would buy a vacation home or a beach or an ISLAND OH MY WORD I WOULD BUY AN ISLAND!

Tell me something about you that most people don’t know.

Like Natalie, I'm extremely shy. And I mean overwhelmingly shy, and I have yet to overcome it. I love being around people, but at the same time the thought of being in a large crowd makes me want to curl up in a corner and disappear.

For example, a few years ago, I attended a conference out of state and hid in the bathroom, almost hyperventilating, during the many "networking breaks," which only lasted about 15 minutes.

...but give me a microphone and a stage and it's exhilarating.

Also, bonus fact: I would really love to work in television. And when I was little I wanted to be a stand-up comedienne. (<- ????)

Who made the last incoming call on your phone?

On my work phone -- my organization's marketing department.

If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?

I would have a house on the water. A private lakehouse and a couple of kayaks? Jackpot.

What was the last thing you bought?

Coffee for Christy and myself. It was a drive-by coffee date, ha.

Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?

I'm not sure. Possibly sky diving if I was strapped to a professional with approximately 10 backup parachutes.

If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?

Jimmy Fallon! I love the guy! I'm convinced we'd have a blast and laugh a ton.

For example:


I laughed ridiculously hard.

Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?

Maybe GAP or Banana Republic? Unless I wasn't paying for it, then I would say ALL THE STORES.

Actually, maybe Academy and/or Dick's. Because WORKOUT CLOTHES ARE COMFORTABLE.

Is the glass half empty or half full?

On a good day, it's half-full of something sparkly and delicious!

What’s the farthest-away place you’ve been?

Hawaii :)

What’s under your bed? 

A few giant, broken-down boxes that we didn't want to part with, because we knew we would eventually move. And most likely a pair of shoes or two.

Excuse me now while I crawl in a corner and cry because I've now realized how boring I am.

What is your favorite time of the day?

10am and 4pm. At 10am, it's still mid-morning but the day is still new. At 4pm, the day is young but everything starts to slow down a little.

What Inspires You?

Talking to and reading about people who absolutely love and are passionate about what they do. I so want to feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment