Friday, August 16, 2013

The Only Banana Pudding Recipe You'll EVER Need


Last night I did something scandalous.

Something so deliciously scandalous.

I may not be proud, but I'm definitely not sorry!

Feast your eyes on this amazing-ness.





As previously stated, this is the only recipe for Banana Pudding that you'll ever need. EVER. Courtesy of my mom =) (love!)





Ohhhhh how I LOVED those days when I would wake up in the morning and see a giant bunch of perfectly yellow bananas sitting in the kitchen -- right next to a bag of Nilla Wafers. Oh, I knew what was coming. Deliciousness, that's what.

I'm not sure if there's a dessert I like more, although cake and apple pie come dangerously close.

I made this yesterday after we were invited to have dinner with a family from our church - there was basically nothing left.

Let me tell you, if you are ever in a bind and need to bring a "quick" dessert -- this is it.

This is sooooo it. It pretty much takes about 20 minutes, tops. If you're slow.

Once you whip up the pudding mixture, it's all layering from there. You don't even have to let it chill if you don't have time, because the pudding thickens as you go. I enjoy a cold banana pudding though, so I like to let mine sit for a few hours, even overnight, if I have the time.

It comes together, quickly, easily, and deliciously. Although it does require some sampling as you go.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.


Just be careful not to eat that tiny bit of sweetened condensed milk that somehow doesn't make it out of the can....





I'll admit it. I didn't even try.

I'm not proud, but I'm not sorry :p

I LOVE IT, I tell ya! LOVE. IT.


If you've ever made banana pudding, you know that it's a layered dessert. The trick is to evenly arrange the toppings so that you get incredible amounts of them in every heavenly bite.


Arrange it like this....



Then this....




Until all of your ingredients are gone with enough left for you to sample. I'm crazy in love with this dessert. Is that weird?

You're going to make someone very happy with this dish. Even if it's yourself. Because it's just that good.


P.S. Happy Friday :)



BANANA PUDDING FOR EVERYONE!!!




The Only Banana Pudding Recipe You'll Ever Need
Serves 8-10

4 very yellow bananas
2 cups of milk
1 package of vanilla instant pudding mix - MUST be vanilla
4 oz cool whip (half of a package)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (fat free will work!)
1 package of Nilla Wafers

Slice bananas thinly, then set aside. Combine milk, pudding mix, cool whip, and condensed milk in a large bowl and blend until even using an electric mixer. Once it's nice and combined, layer everything in another bowl in this order:

Pudding mixture
Banana slices
Nilla Wafers

Repeat until all ingredients are gone, then chill until ready to eat. Tastes great if chilled for at least 1-2 hours, even overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment