Monday, August 5, 2013

Oh my, my, my....


My, oh my, people - we are getting close!

54 days if I'm not mistaken -- it's getting real. It's also feeling pretty surreal now that things are finally thankfully coming together! :D

I made a very short trip home on Thursday night so my mom and I could go to my last dress fitting before the wedding. Thankfully - after much fear, tears, and anxiety -  IT FIT and we brought that baby home! Afterward we celebrated at La Madeline (one of my favorites EVER!), talked about wedding music (which somehow made both of us cry), and picked up the INVITATIONS!!!!!! EEEK! :D

Saturday night was spent addressing invitations and sending out massive amounts of texts to gather addresses I forgot I DIDN'T already have.


This is what my dining room table looks like at the moment. Oops. Haha.

The cake topper came in -- and I can't wait to post a picture after the wedding --- and we have our engagement shots in just under two weeks -- which means I have a lot of running (literally) to do between now and then!

And on top of that - my awesome sister just got engaged last week! So the awesomeness is starting all over again - and it's going to be great. We're going dress shopping for HER wedding dress on Saturday, and I'm crazy excited.

But enough wedding talk! Let's talk about food - THAT'S a lot of fun.

Even more fun? Actually EATING the food I'm about to show you. Get ready. It basically rocks.




Ole'!

Because THAT seems wildly appropriate for tacos.

Summer = Tacos to me. Chicken tacos, beef tacos - I love it. I've been on a major Mexican food kick lately, and these fit the bill. So much that I made them twice in one week.

Yep, that happened. Only I didn't get pictures of the first round. They disappeared rather quickly.

That kind of happens when boys start eating with you.

NO COMPLAINTS HERE! :)

Originally I came across this recipe via on Pinterest, but I wanted to tweak it to make it my own. The meaty filling has a great flavor due to a mixture of lean beef, refried beans, tomato sauce, and steak sauce. We made 12 tacos and used only a pound of beef and half a can of beans, which came in handy when we decided to make them again!

Toppings are completely up to you - I would definitely recommend sour cream and guacamole!!! For some reason there's a shortage of "good" avocados in my area, so alas, we had to skimp on the guac. Surprisingly, though, the flavor was so great that we really didn't miss it!!!!

We topped ours with sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, lettuce and a nice blend of cheeses, then served it alongside fresh corn. Delish.

These really didn't take a long time at all to make - from start to finish it MIGHT have taken 15 minutes. I'd highly recommend for a busy weeknight supper.

Hope you enjoy these!



Pinterest Tacos
Serves 2-4


1 lb very lean beef (I used 93/7)
1/2 can of refried beans
1 -8oz can of tomato sauce
1 tbsp of steak sauce (more or less, to taste)
1 package of taco seasoning
1-2 squeezes of lime juice
Dash of cayenne pepper
Dash of Tony's
Dash of Mrs. Dash's chipotle seasoning
Shredded cheese of your choice, to taste
12 hard taco shells (flat bottom works great)
Toppings of your choice: sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, corn, hot sauce, etc.

Preheat oven to 400. Brown your beef until completely cooked, then add taco seasoning and steak sauce. Let the flavors soak in, then add beans and tomato sauce. Stir until completely combined, then add lime juice and other seasonings and stir.

Spoon beef into taco shells, then sprinkle cheese on top to taste. Place in a baking pan (I used a rectangle cake pan) and bake oven for about 5-8 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Remove from oven and let it cool slightly before adding toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment