Wednesday, August 28, 2013

One Month & A Brownie Mug


Folks, we have one month.



I have no idea what to say!

At the risk of sounding ridiculously typical -- It feels very...surreal.

Wanna know how I celebrated at midnight?

Two words: Mug brownie.

Oh yes.

This is a terrible {but delicious} photo {it was midnight, after all}:




A sweet little innocent brownie to fix my need for chocolate and celebration in the wee hours of this A.M.

i.e., I couldn't sit still or sleep and therefore felt a strong need to do something productive that involved chocolate.

Plus, my mind is zooming in sixteen and a half different directions at most moments of everyday of every week, thus making cooking real food a little difficult as of lately. So I stick to what's easy: crock pots and microwaves.

I'll be honest, usually the mug brownies I make are larger than this. In fact, this particular one from last night/this morning is actually half the size of the normal one I always sometimes make -- but I was desperate for chocolate and STRONGLY unwilling to feel guilty about it.

So viola! Here you have it -- the full recipe for a one-minute mug brownie. If you want just a small taste to get your dessert fix, cut it in half and consider it healthy!

But that's just my unqualified but totally rational two cents ;)



One Minute Mug Brownie
Serves 1-2


What you'll need:
4 tbsp self-rising flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp veggie oil
Splash of water
Splash of vanilla
Sprinkles
Your favorite mug :)

What you'll do:
Mix dry ingredients in mug until completely and evenly combined. Add wet ingredients and mix until throughly combined and the texture is like that of cake batter. Add a little more water if it's too dry, but the mixture should NOT be soupy. Mix until creamy.

Pop in the microwave for 1 minute, then add sprinkles while warm. Top with cool whip if you have it on hand.

For a smaller brownie, cut the ingredients in half (except for vanilla, obvi. Because vanilla is AWESOME), then pat yourself on the back for making an excellent choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment