Monday, July 1, 2013

Two Years

Two years ago today I moved to The City.

Two years ago today The Fiance' moved from The City to North Carolina for his job.

We hadn't met at that point, but yet we barely missed each other.

It's funny to look back and see how different everything was back then, and how different of a person I was then compared to now.

It's kind of mind-blowing to see the difference just two years makes.

I'll stop there before I get sappy and emotional.

No wait! I'm already there!

{tear....}

This week makes two years that I've been with this particular job -- and what a whirlwind that has been!

When I first started, I was in a corner cube that had previously been used for storage, and items were shoved around haphazardly in an effort to make space for me. For two weeks my computer had problems connecting to the system - making email and work in general very difficult, and the next month was spent answering everyone's questions as to WHY, exactly, I'd moved to a city where I had no family, friends, or really any connections.

The job seemed interesting, really, and I was up for an adventure.

Since then, I've been blessed to get to know many people within this company, as well as travel a good bit, plan a few events, have a few pieces published, and wear a costume or two. Literally.

I've also moved to an office (with a DOOR that I can CLOSE when the hallways get loud!) and given a new title and responsibilities. I've also gone through two supervisors and seen quite a few co-workers come and go. It's weird to see just how much has changed in just two years - professionally and personally.

I read once that it can take someone around two years to truly "get adjusted" to a new place to live.

I'd like to think I'm fairly adjusted, but not quite settled. Maybe it's my restlessness, maybe I'm a little homesick. Or maybe it's time for a new adventure. Either way, I guess we'll see.

How's that for a Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment