Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Fun Facts

Hey-oh!

FRIDAY AT LAST! Ohhhh the relief. I have no idea what's happening this weekend, only that we'll be staying far, far away from the noisy crowd of the St. Paddy's Day parade here in The City.

All I know is that there is a high of 70 here tomorrow and I hope to be outside loving it! There may or may not be some BodyPump involved - but weee shall seeee!!!!

Stay tuned, friends. That's all I can say.

So - moving on! - here are a few things that have rocked my world lately:


one. I tried Vietnamese food for the first time tonight. I was taken aback by the lango on the menu - but thankfully there were translations that were only half as scary! I kid, I kid. Hubs and I both ordered the shrimp hot pot (he's eaten there many times), and it was delicious: shrimp, noodles, and steaming hot rice with a side of soup. What is it about white rice that is just so...comforting and satisfying? Aaaahh good ol' starches.







two. A couple of nights ago, we were talking about various desserts and dishes that I want to make when Hubs asked, "Have you ever made a blueberry pie?" In all honesty, I don't think I've ever had a blueberry pie. I've had blueberry cobbler (I think) and something my dad called "Blueberry Yum-Yum" (catchy, yes?), but I don't think I've ever had blueberry pie.

It was right then and there that we both determined we HAD to put some of this deliciousness in our lives as soon as possible. Hubs called his mom (around, say...11pm?) to get the recipe, kind of forgetting that she MAY be asleep at this point - because, obviously, everyone stays up late like us talking about food...right? Right? {crickets}

Anyway, half asleep, she gave us the recipe and our lives were complete. Until tonight when we actually made it. And WHOA.



 


three. Next week is going to be epic. CUH-RAZY, no joke. I have a huge and important meeting on Monday afternoon that kind of makes my knees shake and my tummy flip just thinking about it. On Tuesday and Wednesday I'll head down to my college town to help out with some alumni bizz-NISS, speak at a meeting, then represent our office at a career fair before getting back here to The City on Wednesday night.

Then...on Friday afternoon, we pick up the keys to our new apartment because WEEEEEEEE'RE MOVING!

Saturday is the Color Me Rad 5k here (I recounted our experience briefly last year in this post), and you bet yer britches we'll be there, loving every color-exploding moment of it! Then we'll head back to the apartment(s) for a full day of moving our stuff to the new place!

YAY WORKOUTS FROM LIFTING HEAVY THINGS!

Saturday's sleep will be a great, great thing. Prayers for the next week will be GREATLY appreciated :)


 
 
four. On the nights when I don't make it to the gym, I like to stay in and do these Barre3 workout DVDs. I was slightly skeptical of the hype of it all, but I tried a Pure Barre class once and loved it; plus, when I found a Groupon where I could get 5 DVDs for half the price right after Christmas, I had to jump on it.

So far, I'm extremely pleased with the 4 workouts I've tried! I have one more left to try out, but there's one that I can't seem to get away from - I really love it! Barre3 moves slow enough so that you can relax and keep up, but moves quickly enough that you don't get bored with it.

I absolutely LOVE the feeling of being sore and relaxed afterward. The first couple of times I tried it, I was sore for days - and it felt great :)

If you're interested, here's a great deal via QVC. It's worth a shot if you're looking to switch up your routine a little.




five. Speaking of workouts, starting tomorrow I'm doing the 30-Day Squat Challenge. For 30 days, you work your way up to doing 250 squats. I found this challenge via a retweet from Women's Health, so I figure I've got nothing to lose by trying it out! Anyone care to join me?

Here's to stronger glutes and a firmer bum!




six. Yesterday I skipped the gym (and later did a Barre3 workout WHOO!) and opted to call my friend Jessica instead. Jessica is one of those people where, as soon as we met, we just...clicked. I don't remember the exact moment we met in college, but it's safe to safe that I really don't remember a time where we weren't friends in college! Jessica and her husband live in Georgia (for now - they may be moving soon!) and are expecting their first little bambino in the next few months!!!!!! Can we say excitement? Aaaahh I'm so happy for them!

Anyway, I'm not exactly what some would call a "phone talker," but I miss my girls A LOT and just needed some "Jessica" time I guess. We talked for almost an hour about basically everything in the world - and let me tell you, I felt better mentally than I would after any workout.

Moral of today's story: Grab your phone and go call someone you love and miss. Call them for no reason at all but just to say hello. It does wonders for your day and theirs! :)

...And now that it's officially Saturday, I believe I'll put on my jammies and hit my pillow. Sleep is gooooood :)

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment