Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Christmas, Darling!

FIVE DAYS and counting!

It's almost Christmas -- can you believe it??? To me, this really is the most magical time of year - and I can't wait to go home for a week of spending time with my family!!!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

I'm always glad to see Thanksgiving roll around because that means I no longer have to listen to Christmas music in secret! I can't get enough of the classics and the carols...and call me crazy, but no Christmas seems complete without a little "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" from *N Sync (YES *N SYNC!)...hahaha.

Confession: I'm still a not-so-closet fan of *N Sync, all these years later :)

Aaahh...in all of their boy band glory :)
#NSYNCForEVER!

Because I'm feeling holly and jolly, I've put together a little playlist of *some* of my favorites...many of them I'm sure most of us have grown up knowing. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

1) "It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas" - Johnny Mathis
2) "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" - Andy Williams
3) "Christmas Canon"- Trans-Siberian Orchestra
4) "No Place Like Home for the Holidays" - The Carpenters
5) "Merry Christmas Darling" - The Carpenters
6) "Holly Jolly Christmas" - Burl Ives
7) "Papa Noel" - Brenda Lee
8) "The Christmas Song" - Nat King Cole
9) "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" - Brenda Lee
10) "O Holy Night" - *N Sync
11) "When My Heart Finds Christmas" - Harry Connick, Jr.
12) "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" - Josh Groban
13) "Angels We Have Heard On High" - Josh Groban
14) "Thankful" - Josh Groban
15) "O Holy Night" - MercyMe
16) "Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy" - Anthony Rapp and Everett Bradley
17) "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" - Zooey Deschanel and Jo-Go Levitt HERE
18) "All I Want for Christmas" - Vince Vance & the Valiants


If you feel like crying, listen to Groban's "I'll Be Home for Christmas," featuring messages from our military soldiers to their families. Cue the waterworks.

If you're looking for background music, allow me to recommend the lovely Beegie Adair, the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack, and The Piano Guys. I LOOOOVE piano music year-round...but it's especially beautiful at Christmas time.

And now I shall leave you with a clip from one of the best Christmas movies ever. I love this movie SO MUCH and hope you enjoy it. Hope you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

(P.S. Skip ahead to the 2:15 mark for a real treat ;) )


What songs are on your playlist this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment