Friday, December 28, 2012

A Time to Celebrate

Hellooooo there!

Hope all of you had the MERRIEST of Christmases! I'm so thankful for this time of year and the time I've been able to spend with my family this past week. Our whole family was able to be together this year for Christmas, and the older I get the more thankful I am when that happens. It's such a special time of year, and as fun and exciting as traveling and parties can be, for me there's no better place to be than at home on Christmas :)

What a year, right? I say this every year, but this year seems to have FLOWN by. Where did 2012 go? It really does feel like it was only a few weeks ago that we were ringing in 2012, wondering what the year would hold. There's been a lot of happy and a lot of sad, but by the grace of God we have made it y'all. What a year!

So since 2013 is all of...72(ish) hours away (!!!!), I believe it's time to CELEBRATE! Who's got some exciting plans in the works?

Every year I'm RIDICULOUSLY  tempted to throw a fancy-schmancy bash at my parents' home. I love the idea of wearing high heels and glitter and sequins as I dance and mingle with my friends from back home, and this year is no different. However, usually something falls into place and we usually find ourselves at my grandparents' house watching the kids light fireworks until the wee hours of the morning. No regrets here. Pure memories :)

Those who know me well know that one of my hobbies is throwing parties and entertaining. Throughout my time living at home, my parents graciously allowed me to throw various parties year after year, usually with the same circle of friends. Even after we all left for college, we continued to gather at my parents' house for quite the reunion.

Throughout the years, there were Luaus...


{picture to come soon; digital cameras were not around then!}
 
 
Fiestas...
(the guys refused to take a picture that night ;) )

Christmases...


 
Birthdays...

 
Late-night dance parties...
 
 
...and many other parties, whether spur-of-the-moment or planned weeks in advance. I love everything about throwing parties --- the planning, the food, the decorations, the themes, the prep work, the outfits...need I go on? ;)
 
Last year, I had a grand idea of trying to throw together a party around noon on New Year's Eve. (I'm all for spontaneity ;) HA!) As soon as the idea came to me, I IMMEDIATELY started texting all of my friends that I had hoped were in town: "Party? My parents' place? Tonight? Happy New Year!" Although a few of them actually were in town, later that night I found myself having the best New Year's Eve yet, sitting by a bonfire at my grandparents' house, watching fireworks, texting a certain someone and drinking my grandmother's hot chocolate. Pure magic ;)
 
So who knows what this year will hold! I'm looking forward to see.
 
Be sure to check out tomorrow's post...it's going to be a fun one! I'm in full party-planning mode and can't wait to share! :)
 
What are your plans for New Year's Eve?

No comments:

Post a Comment